Thursday, January 04, 2007


I finished a fictional book lately called Blessed Child by Ted Dekker and Bill Bright. The child has miraculous powers about which many speculate the source. As it turns out the boy can walk in the kingdom further than most people can. Raised in an Ethopian monastery by a monk who teaches him about the kingdom of God, the child knows no other way but to walk in the kingdom. The child knows that the world, as C.S Lewis puts it is "Children busily playing making mud pies in the slums unaware that just beyond the horizon is a vacation by the sea."
I have been trying to think about the kingdom of God. As the book pointed out so well that we start on a walk with God to only venture a few steps in the kingdom. How do I keep walking in the kingdom? In the Gospel of Matthew Jesus states, " The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it he sold all he had to buy the field."
Seems like I am not sold out for anything these days much less the kingdom. Perhaps if I knew how to sell out for that field I could be on my way.

No comments: