Friday, October 27, 2006

Greetings from the blind one

Well for those of you don't know I woke up Monday morning with excrutiating pain, extreme sensitivity to light, and my left eye swollen shut. The doctors are still unsure of what caused this eye infection (which has caused a milimeter long ulceration on my eye, I guess from whatever it is munching on my cornea). Some theories are that this is the herpes simplex virus ( which 80% of people have been exposed to and have floating around in their bloodstream), shingles, or just some combo of bacterial and viral infection of unknown origin. I am now taking a steady regimen of eye drops/ ointments all day long. Things I know for sure: I will not be able to wear contacts again, Lortab makes me nauseous, and I don't like sunlight these days, I have some pretty amazing friends who have cooked for me, tucked me in bed and have been my eyes for me the last week, and an amazing husband who has patience with me in all this. Things I am waiting on: if I can have Lasik surgery done later( depends on how well the ulceration heals), just seeing how long this will take to heal. I have already missed three days of work but I guess, luckily had some overtime scheduled this week so all I am missing is three days. Doubtful I will work tomorrow. Oh and I have also lost my cell phone charger but Kendal says she will take me to get another this afternoon. Trevor is gone til about 5 this morning. Thanks to everyone, since I know many are praying for my recovery. My God will do amazing things!

No comments: