Sunday, May 21, 2006

I'm Free...

No it's not just a Newsboys song. This weekend I had an "opportunity" to think about freedom. Now before I lose a lot of you guys, read the last post about SLC and if you are still shaking your head about what I mean, ask me and I will explain). There was an accusation that was not true. And in Trevor's opinion, I should not have even considered it. But as part of the normal population (sorry Trevor you are excluded) I was pretty concerned about this accusation. I started to get paranoid and think that what I do is wrong on this blog and on the internet is wrong. But I really prayed about it and sought wise counsel. I concluded that what I do here is not damaging to my witness but should always be something I consider in everything I do and say. I thought about Galatians, where people in the early church were saying Christians need to follow the law to be saved. In essence they told people, " What you are doing is wrong. " Paul countered with many reasons why the accusers (the Judaizers) were in fact the ones in the wrong. Paul said emphatically that if the law saves us then we have no need for Christ!(Amanda paraphrase) The law does not and did not save, fortunately for us. Paul proclaimed that, "It is for freedom, Christ has set us free!" This is my resolve for people who try to tell me I am wrong (and what they are really saying is that they are right)
God gave me a brain so I can research and search out who God is.
God gave me a heart that hurts too when people judge me when they have no right to (Jesus himself said so, and I better not be judging anyone else!)
God also lets me live in a free country where I can express my thoughts without thought of repercussion.
Thank God I'm Free!!!!

No comments: