Sunday, March 07, 2010

Learning to Dance in the Rain

The last few days have been trying to say the least. God sure is answering my prayer to prune me. I am thinking now about how much I just want to be with Him. I used to think that people who said, "Jesus, hurry and bring your kingdom." were crazy. I thought,"I have not lived life yet and there are still things God promised me (I wanted) to do!" I considered how unfair of God to come back and interrupt my life. Yet, as I consider how this life must pale in comparison to the one to come, I realize how God is so much more just than I could ever imagine if he chose to interrupt my life by moving me on to the next.
I have been thinking about what it means to truly walk with God, in this life and what it might be like in the next. I just keep picturing a peaceful place. Like a distant island misted in rain-- but so beautiful! That is why if I am not careful I can make a functional heaven out of "vacation". But that is a different sermon for another day. Aside, if you are interested in this topic check out Pastor Mark Driscoll's sermon series Religion Saves.
Now back to my secluded island resplendent with cool beauty. Why do I picture it in the rain? I think because I feel so dry and scorched from the harsh brightness of the world that to picture it in the sun seems somehow wrong. Many times in the last few days I just want to give up. I am tired of trying and failing and trying and failing. I want to be where God promised me I would be but don't know how He is going to get me there. I picture the island today in a way that brings peace and joy to my weary soul mostly because God is there. He walks beside me as I smell the gentle rain coming I fear might ruin my otherwise "perfect" day at the beach. His hand holds mine when the thunder booms in the distance. His arm holds onto me as the lightning flashes come closer. The big drops of rain start splashing my face and hair and I forget about how wet my clothes will be. I hardly feel them anymore. All I know is that God is with me and surrounding me all at the same time. It is in this moment I realize, God is in the rain. I tip my head back as the water splashes my face and falls down over my lips so I taste the coolness of it. I begin to dance as I taste and feel and smell the goodness of God falling all around me. The sun starts to come out but only so I can see the rainbow in the sky reminding me that God will be with me and has been all along.
Though I am sure that this all sounds so sappy and maybe a little crazy to you, all this comes from the depth of my soul. I realize that the fruit that God wants me to bear is joy--deep, abiding joy, found only in Him. That is why I am not waiting for the storm to pass. I am learning to dance in the rain. Tonight I pray God sends me a sweet dream of the rain.

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God for I will let praise him, my Savior, my God.
Psalm 42:11

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
John 15:10-11



30 comments:

玉苓 said...

I love readding, and thanks for your artical...................................................

惠蘋 said...

夫妻自拍片成人無碼片線上看18限成人影片論壇成人亞洲線上免費成人電影性片免費狂看性交線上免費影片性免費小說網性美女做愛性美女遊戲性教影片性教學影片性感乳房影片性感做愛電影性感援交妹性感電影性感劍士性愛a片免費試看性小遊戲幸愛影片姓愛圖貼亞洲線上免費電影亞洲線上免費影片其色制聊天室咆哮入口咆哮老鼠網咆哮鼠咆嘯小老鼠論壇分享論壇學生妹做愛自拍影片夫妻聯誼成人小說正妹

郭君 said...

Make hay while the sun shines.......................................................

AmiHopson瓊仁豪慧 said...

笑話精華~輕鬆一下~
孫悟空為什麼能大鬧天宮,而打不過諸多妖精?
哭笑不得的十二件事
浪漫一點行不行
校園尷尬事件大全(爆笑)
校園寢室騷擾電話

IdellA231_Fecteau1 said...

人生最大的榮耀,不是永遠不敗,而是屢仆屢戰 ..................................................

SungR_Auclair0佳亦 said...

18禁,聊天,免費影片,美女短片,0401,免費聊天,免費視訊,0204,78論壇,亞洲影城,視訊聊天,免費影片,聊天室,ut,成人,視訊,都都,視訊,打飛機專用網,小高聊天室,視訊,免費影片,a片免費,a片,18,免費線上視訊,日本a電影,影音視訊聊天室,貼圖區,av,383,77p2p,85cc,無碼,av影片,av專賣店,a片線上看,a圖,免費線上影片,微風成人

淑婷 said...

pleasure to find such a good artical! please keep update!! ........................................

郁財郁財 said...

A good medicine tastes bitter. .............................................

HaydeeG_Mccra鈺苓 said...

很期待新的內容,幫你推個文^^ .............................................

麗旺麗旺 said...

與其期盼別人疼你,不如自己疼自己。 ....................................................

BlakeR_采男 said...

The absent are always in the wrong. ............................................................

佩GailBohanan1蓉 said...

全裸入鏡台灣性樂園台灣色情論壇三點全裸台灣成人色情網色情站美女脫胸罩愛愛圖片台灣色情成人網站辣妹妹影音視訊聊天室情色區g罩杯美女av性愛女生自慰圖成人交友網站色情區丁字褲貼圖成人視訊聊天hi sex台灣十八成人丁字褲自拍太太陰毛火辣美眉成人色情圖片網視訊打槍美女聊天一夜激情一夜情聊天網成人聊天網激情成人聊天室上床圖片火辣情色辣妹聊天美女色情情趣丁字褲亞洲情色論壇情色天空三點全露內衣秀台灣色情網站成人裸照a漫
a漫

esthermelvin said...

要保持更新呦,加油!!!期待你的新文章!!!..................................................

許美玉 said...

愛情不是慈善事業,不能隨便施捨。..................................................................

陳麗珠 said...

你不能左右天氣,但你可以改變心情.............................................................

孫陽泉 said...

這麼好的部落格,以後看不到怎麼辦啊!!......................................................................

江婷 said...

卡爾.桑得柏:「除非先有夢,否則一切皆不成。」共勉!.................................................................                           

jackveronic said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

鄭湘定 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................

JasonBirk佳琪 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................

香昱信張君林 said...

我們老得太快,卻聰明得太遲。..................................................

吳婷婷 said...

友誼能增進快樂,減少痛苦............................................................

吳婷婷 said...

Custom makes all things easy~~加油哦..................................................................

陳佑發 said...

Poverty tries friends.............................................................

誠紋 said...

enjoy your artical, thank you............................................................

楊儀卉 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債............................................................

夏瓊陳詩蓁富 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。........... ......... .......... ........... ......... ..........

童祖如童祖如 said...

時間就是塑造生命的材料。

曹初帆張武茜 said...

缺少智慧,就是缺少一切..................................................

于庭吳 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .