Thursday, September 07, 2006

I finds it!

"This one's the kicker!"

Today at CD Warehouse,I found a copy of Glisten's 1999 Starlight Wishlist, a local band from Peaster, Tx. Brings back memories of the Halloween concerts in Peaster back in the day. Check it out. I was actually surprised they still exist, at least on Myspace.
Here's a real gem, though. If you locate this album, you must purchase it for me. Its a self-titled album by Between Thieves, formerly known as Judah (if you can find one of those Judah albums you will officially become my best friend).I loved the songs Two Pennies and Despite the Rain. In fact, Two Pennies has to be one of my favorite songs. Check them out here.
Also, I am now the proud owner of Jars of Clay Good Monsters. I am still in the process of previewing that one. I like it so far. And not to be outdone, we now own House, MD Season 2, one of the best shows on tv! I appreciate House's enthusiasm for life and the healthcare profession (uh yeah right, he is one the most bitterly sarcastic individuals ever).
Hopefully, you have enjoyed my show and tell. I will be in Somerset, Kentucky with Trev on an Extreme Inflatables trip as part of the Shoutfest Tour. Greetings to all! I will take some pics this
time. Remind me to tell you all about close encounter with Day of Fire upon our return.

Lyrics to Despite the Rain

I just cant move past these mistakes I've made
With every step I'm tripping as I try to walk away
I guess some kind of penance might ease my mind
The harder I try the more I find...

All I have to do is look to you
And I will never be the same
My lifes been changed
And like a child, I will play despite the rain

Why do I persist to ram my head against the wall?
Why do I pretend there's nothing wrong at all?
Sometimes I wonder why you still fight for me
Its a mystery
But whenever I'm in doubt...

All I have to do is look to you
And I will never be the same
My lifes been changed
And like a child, I will play despite the rain

All I have to do is live for you
And when I call upon your name
Your love remains
And like a child, I will play despite the rain

Staring in the mirror, I see more of you
The reflection of my hearts change
Now there is hope
Now there is peace
Your love has set me free, free, oh

All I have to do is look to you
And I will never be the same
My life's been changed
And like a child, I will play despite the rain

All I have to do is live for you
And when I call upon your name
Your love remains
And like a child, I will play despite the rain

I will play (3x)
Despite the rain

1 comment:

randolphski said...

I have the Judah album. Can't remember the album name.. Im at work. I have it at home. I love "Two Pennies" too! I remember sharing it and it's message with my cousins. I lived in Weatherford. Anyways, I just discovered the Between Thieves version today and thought "hmm I wonder if'Judah' became'between thieves.'" So thanks for solving that mystery for me. Maybe one day I'll let you listen to my Judah album. 😜