Friday, June 02, 2006

A reminder for myself...an old post from last year....

Through the disappointments and frustrations of the last few weeks, I have to keep coming back to my foundation (I Cor. 3:11). My foundation is my relationship/identity in Christ. I have to stop making excuses and simply BE the woman has called me to be. For example, when a patient is admitted to my group at work, I usually say, "What?" Instead, I should be thinking of this as an opportunity, not an obstacle, even though I was caught up and now I'm not. Unfortunately, in my present state of mind it will take a lot to get me to that point.
But that is simply not what I am. I am called a new name by God himself. I am no longer Deserted nor Desolate. I am married. I am one with God himself. He has made his dwelling in me (I Cor 6:19). God takes delight in me! I am a crown of splendor in the hand of God himself!
I refuse to see these things as "my job." They are miracles disguised as interruptions, frustrations, and otherwise labeled as "problems." I must be like-minded as Christ the great physician. I must let the people come to me, so that I may glorify Him. They will come to me with their complaints, gripes, and needs and I will respond in kindness as He responded to me. I must.

No comments: