Wednesday, August 06, 2008

" You must do the thing you cannot do"--Eleanor Roosevelt

Trev and I leave next week to embark on our newest adventure: travel nursing. We ( I should say I and Trevor is going with me) are going to Temple, Texas to work at Scott and White Memorial Hospital. I will be working nights so it will be completely different. And yes Trev is trying to do a part time job while we are there. I will work 6 out of 7 days then come back to Shawnee for a week so Trev can work on projects here.
Why Temple,Texas? I am not sure, God only knows. All I know is our days off worked out perfectly!
Why Travel Nursing? This is something we have been talking about for a while.
1) We want to travel a bit before we "settle down."
2) I like to keep things interesting in my career.
3) We want to better our finances a little too. We need to do the hard things now so that later on I can decide to stay at home with kids instead of being required to work. We also desire to bless other people. We feel we can more adequately do this if our hands aren't tied financially. Debt ties one down significantly, so we have found out the hard way.
Please pray for us in our endeavor. I know some of you are going, "Wait! 6 out of 7 days and then traveling back to Shawnee every other week?" Yes I will be tired but well tended. I keep thinking of 1 Corinthians 9:27 " I beat my body and make it my slave so that after preaching to others I will not be disqualified for the prize."
This life was never promised to be easy! Quite the opposite is true. We must avoid the trap of the comfortable, easy life. May be God glorified in our lives always.

No comments: