Sunday, October 07, 2007

On potholes and such

"Some of us think holding on makes us strong, sometimes it is letting go." Herman Hesse


The title is from a dear friend who said all this mess with work was just a "pothole" in my career, that I would get through it or around it.
Well as most of you know by now, the meeting on Wednesday decided that, though I have improved it is not enough and that I am to move on from my current job. I am not bitter but am actively fighting bitterness. Now I know this is not where God wants me to be right now. I also know that I needed to take this opportunity to let me know that home health is not where I need to be now.
John Greenleaf Whittier in Maud Muller said it best, "For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!' " Now is not that time for could have, would have, should have's.
My last day is Wednesday then I have basically have a week of paid vacation. What an opportunity to grow and understand what God has for me!
Though this is tough, I must not give up. "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9
I do not try to put all this "behind me." The bitterness and stress I will forget but not the comfort. I do not write my employers and coworkers off. I am grateful for all the kindness I have received.
With God's help I will not only get through this I will be better because of it. This song sums it up.

No comments: