Monday, May 14, 2007

I'm a stranger in this land.....

Last week was not the most peaceful week so I took an opportunity to learn about peace.
1) Peace is active. Psalms 34:14 says to "pursue peace."
2) Peace goes hand and hand with strength (The Lord gives strength to his people. the lord blesses his people with peace.")
3) Peace requires walking straight, righteousness. (Ps 37:31)
4) The person who loves the "law" or the Word of God has peace. Ps 119:165
5) Peace is an aspect of a person. Ps 120:7 talks about a man OF peace.
6) Jesus is our peace. Micah 5:5 "He will be their peace."
7) Peace is not of this world. Only Jesus can give us peace. John 14:15
"Peace I leave you, My Peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled."

I have been struggling with people "of this world" hating me. But Jesus told me I should be suprised. The world hates and longs for the peace I have in Christ at the same time. I must hold my tongue much. I pray that at some point I would have encouragement from where I work, which can be a very dark place for me. I have very little. People have bad attitudes and bad things are happening to people. I must SPEND TIME WITH JESUS to keep that my peace strong. I can't let someone else's bad attitude become my own. I long to share my light and peace but sometimes I feel like I am shining a little penlight in a huge dark room. I pray God will make that light enough. Even when I fail...

No comments: