Sunday, September 12, 2010

I need a joy transfusion

Had some struggles this weekend. This goes along with the saying, "You are either about to enter a storm, going through a storm, or coming out of a storm." Hopefully this is the coming out of the storm part.
Just suffice to say that I have been and am going through some trials in my life. God has taught me some things while going through these trials not the least of which is joy. I am not talking about joy because "I got a new car" joy or "I got a raise" joy but a joy that endures. I talking about the joy that not based on money, good fortune, or lack of hard times. I am talking about a joy that endures when everything falls apart, everything seems to go wrong, and nothing goes as planned.
To quote Charles Swindoll in Laugh Again, Experience Outrageous Joy (an amazing find at the bargain book store) "I know of no greater need today than the need for joy. Unexplainable, contagious joy. Outrageous joy." Unexplainable, contagious joy. I like that. I want that. I need that.
So this is me repenting of my recent lack of joy. Yes, lack of joy is a sin because when it comes down to it the ability to maintain joy is a matter of choice. I can choose to be remain unhappy or I can choose to rejoice in God. To quote Charles Swindoll again, "People who choose joy pay no attention to what day of the week it is..or how old they are...what level of pain they are in. They have deliberately decided to laugh again because they have chosen joy. People who do not choose joy miss the relief laughter can bring. And because they do not, they cannot. And because they do not, they cannot. And because they can't, they won't. Which one are you?" Today, I repent of my lack of joy. Today, I chose joy.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Thank you for sharing your time, your knowledge and your wonderful blog!!! Thank you., More Blessings and *GOD BLESS*
Review Minor’s counsel